Thoughts from the Snow
Having avoided reading any email/blogs for the last few days whilst on vacation I thought I’d spend a little time tonight while sitting in front of the fire and away from the snow (Norway) and catch up on the 1000’s of emails Google Reader postings. What follows is a list of some of the things I’ve read, together with comments were appropriate:
- Velocity reaches CTP3 – I’m glad Microsoft has got cache notification into Velocity. Maybe they should consider adding Velocity to Azure – Microsoft Data Fabric?
- Above the Clouds – Subscribed. Presentation available here
- Goldman Sachs blog (via Slashdot)
- Some thoughts on Java 7
- WCF Azure Samples – the SilverlightChat sample is worth a look, its unfortunate that it’s not pushed by the .NET Service Bus😦 I hoping Clemens Vasters excellent postings on the .NET Service Bus will shed some light on using Silverlight as a client to the .NET Service Bus – e.g. how to request a token (cross domain).
- Silverlight stuff – Spy, SLOOB vs. AIR, style enhancements and SEO
- Montrusco Bolton Investments turns to Visual WebGui to migrate a VB 6 application to the web – shame the screen shot provided shows one ugly application, they need to hire UX fast!
- Brad blogs a few .NET RIA Services links
- Amazon Elastic MapReduce – although well blogged by other people, I’m more interested in when a CEP vendor (Aleri?) will jump on the EC2 bandwagon
- Rhino Security
- Task Parallel Library beta 1 details