Barrelfish, Axum, Star-P and More
- Looks like Microsoft is pushing on multiple fronts (as expected) to find the correct road for Windows to follow in the future. Barrelfish is yet another product from MSR. At some point we are going to see a product from all this OS research, but when? 3yrs? 5yrs? “Secondly, it is designed with total disregard for compatibility with either Windows or POSIX.” is definitely the correct way forwards.
- Pondering Axum + F# – Matthew votes for a potential marriage between Axum and F#
- GigaSpaces solution to the Poison Message problem
- Microsoft acquired the technology assets of Interactive Supercomputing (ISC). I guess the Star-P technology is heading for HPC and Azure
- Linq to Mocks is finally born