Random Reading: .NET Parallel, ConditionalWeakTable, EF4
- In my view CLR via C# is required reading for any C# developer. The Microsoft Press blog has an extract from the Third Edition of Richter’s book offering some insight into ConditionalWeakTable.
- Comparing NHibernate and EF 4 – the debate will rage for sometime, but at least EF4 has improved things. On a similar topic, NHModeller is worth a look – DSL based NHibernate generation tool
- WF4 runtime performance
- Gallery of Processor Cache Effects
- Reading the comments on this Parallel Extension posting, the question Microsoft needs to answer soon is “When will TPL be available for Silverlight?”. Maintaining a Consistent Application State with TPL provide insight is to the advantages of adding TPL to Silverlight. For example, you could see an RFQ taking advantage of TPL.
- Patterns for Parallel Programming: Understanding and Applying Parallel Patterns with the .NET Framework 4