Notes on AppFabric Beta 2 and Cache Notifications
After successfully installing AppFabric beta 2, I though it was time to look at hooking Velocity into a Proof Of Concept (POC) I’m working on. Having played around with Velocity during the CTP1/2 timeframe it provide painful to remember what to do to get the cache running. Hence here are a few notes:
- Open “Windows PowerShell Modules” from the Start menu in Windows 7
- Use-CacheCluster will provide a view of the cluster you have just displayed. The cluster will probably have a status of DOWN.
- Start the cluster using Start-CacheCluster
- Download the Beta 2 samples from here
- It’s worth reading this posting on cluster admin.
- Some Microsoft performance numbers are available here
The problem I now have is that I have configured the DataCacheFactoryProperties for notifications:
NotificationProperties = new DataCacheNotificationProperties(100, TimeSpan.FromSeconds(1));
But I still get an exception (System.NotSupportedException: Notifications are not supported because Cache is not configured to support notifications) when I update the cache? Anyone know what I’ve missed? Answer appear to be here.
Update: There answer to the above issue as here. If your running with the default settings you need to run the following:
- Set-CacheCluster -CacheName default -NotificationsEnabled True