Whilst I download/install the Windows 8 Developer Preview I offer a few BUILD thoughts/notes:
- C++ is the “new” language – has the rise of Objective-C influenced this as much as the C++11 standard
- C++ AMP could be beneficial from a quant library perspective – think risk/pricing
- The Metro programming model offer the Abstract Binary Interface (ABI) – defines an interface for inter-language communication.
- COM is back (and update) 🙂
- I would have preferred one binary across all Win8 devices – phone, slate, PC, etc – we don’t seem to be there yet 😦
- Will the CLR merge into WinRT over time?
- Will Microsoft drop support for Silverlight on OSX?
- I don’t see a lot from BUILD so far to help in the cross platform world – its all Windows ecosystem centric
- Windows Metadata (WinMD) file is created by VS2011
- HTML or XAML – the choice is yours for markup