Thought on Microsoft 64GB Surface Pro
I’ve been using one of the Microsoft 64GB Surface Pro’s for a few days now. Its interesting how people have come over to have a look at the machine itself, and the keyboard (or Touch Cover as I should term it). What follows is a few thoughts on the device:
- Most people are stunned by the thickness of the Surface – way to thick. Microsoft needs to get Surface 2 out the door, and resolve this.
- Has somewhat of a problem getting the time correct on the Surface. Although I told it I was in London, it didn’t seem convinced until I went deep into the control panel settings – time sync server
- The continuous horizontal scroll left is nice
- Trying to install FireFox via the browser choice was painful. I seem to have got stuck in a loop when asked if I wanted to allow the application to make changes to my machine. Second time around the FireFox install worked better.
- Re-ordering tiles on Start via the swipe down is a pain sometimes
- Office dropping to the desktop is just wrong!
- Weather app is quite nice from a available data perspective. Makes the iOS weather app look and feel old