Although a bit last month, Matt Turck offers an interesting read on the Bloomberg Terminal. A number of software packages are called out throughout the article, coupled with this possible key quote:
A data producer like [PsychSignal] publishes its social media sentiment index on [Quandl]. A user exports that data from Quandl to a high-end visualization service like [Plotly] or [DataHero]; extracts subtle insights using an analytics tool like [BigML]; backtests an investment strategy using [Quantopian], and then actually trades on that data using Quantopian again.
Interesting items mentioned:
- SumZero – Buy side hedge fund community
- Quantopian – Platform to allow quants share strategies and algos
- ThinkNum – Collaborate on investment research with users from around the world.
- Quandl – financial search engine
- Domino – Easily run R, Python, and Matlab code in the cloud. Automatic version control and collaboration for data, code, and results.