The Gulf Between Architecture and Implementation Ontologies – Part 2
Continuing on with the second book, Documenting Software Architecture: Views and Beyond:
- Page 6 – the difference between Design and Architecture.
- Page 12 – Audiences for Architecture Documentation: Education, Stakeholder communication, System Analysis and Construction
- Page 20 speak to an Agile environment then considering Views and Beyond. Its unfortunate that page 17 “Mapping to requirements” didn’t provide a means of mapping architecture to stories.
- Page 32 Architecture Style and Architecture Patterns.
- Page 36 Seven Rules for Sound Documentation 🙂
- Page 49 Three categories of style: module, component-and-connector, allocation
- Page 191 Deployment Style – often left to late in the architectural process 😦
- Page 239 Documenting Architectural Decisions. Audit trail is worth while!
- Page 289 Documenting Behaviour – Communication Diagram etc. are all good. Shame there way no linkage to BDD in this chapter
- Page 364 Building an Architecture Overview Presentation.
- Page 382 Sample Question Sets for Reviewing the Architecture Document
The world of UML